COUNTRY NAME: Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
LOCATION: Southern Asia, east of Iran, north and west of Pakistan,
COORDINATES: 33 00 N, 65 00 E
AREA: 652,230 sq km
ELEVATION: ,884 m: Mean elevation, 258 m Amu Darya: Lowest point, 7,492 m Noshak: Highest point
CURRENCY: Afghan Afghani (AFN)
TIME ZONE: UTC+4:30
NEAREST AIRPORT: Hamid Karzai International Airport
LANGUAGE: Pashto, Dari
RELIGION: 97.7% of Muslims (Sunni 84.7%-89.7%), other 0.3%, Shia 10%-15%).
CLIMATE: Rugged mountains mostly; north and southwest plains
SEASONS: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
TRAVEL STYLE: Due to crime, extremism, civil war, abduction and armed conflict, do not travel to Afghanistan.
SERVICE LEVEL: Due to crime, extremism, civil war, abduction and armed conflict, do not travel to Afghanistan.
Where is Afghanistan?
Is the country politically safe and stable?
How to get a visa for Afghanistan?
What is the history of Afghanistan?
What is the weather, Climate and season in Afghanistan?
What is Culture in Afghanistan?
Interesting Facts About Afghanistan
- The shape of Afghanistan has been compared to a leaf that is made up of the Vākhān strip nestled high in the Pamirs.
- Afghanistan is a multicultural and multiethnic landlocked country and Kabul is the largest city, the capital of Afghanistan
- “Buzkashi” is a popular game played in Afghanistan and it is Afghanistan’s national game.
- On 19 August 1919 Afghanistan became independent.
- Afghans celebrate New Year on March 21. They are calling it Nawroz. It is a pre-Islamic festival celebrated by a convergence of thousands of travellers from all over Afghanistan to Mazar-e – Sharif.
- First oil drawings of the planet were produced about 650BC in “Bamiyan” caves.
- One of Afghanistan’s two official languages, Pashto, was proclaimed Afghanistan ‘s national language at the beginning of Zahir Sha ‘s.
- The Indo-European languages Pashto and Persian (Dari) both are official languages of Afghanistan.
- The largest Buddhas in the world (two of these) were first constructed in Afghanistan. The Taliban destroyed these statues in 2001.
- The national holiday of Afghanistan is on August 19.
- Helmand’s Afghanistan ‘s longest river.
- The major Hindu Kush area comprises the central highlands which is a portion of the Himalayan chain.
Disclaimer: Alert! This blog post contains promotional links and any transactions made through hyperlinks contribute to a minor commission. You won’t be charged any extra amount. Please remember that we only endorse tools that we use and enjoy exclusively.