Amazon | World’s largest online retailer
Amazon is a titan of e-commerce, logistics, payments, hardware, data storage, and media. Currently, it is the world’s largest provider of cloud infrastructure services. It has been ranked as the fourth most valuable public company in the world and the eighth largest employer in the United States. It has separate retail websites across the globe for the United States, France, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Netherlands, Australia, Brazil, Japan, China, India, and Mexico and more. It also offers international shipping to certain other countries for some of its products. It operates under the domain amazon.com that has attracted over 130 million customers to its US website per month by the start of 2016.
Amazon.com offers different product lines available at its website. It includes books, DVDs, music CDs, videotapes and software. Consumers can also have apparel, baby products, consumer electronics, beauty products, health and personal-care items according to their needs. Foods and beverages like gourmet food, groceries, along with industrial and scientific supplies, kitchen items, jewelry, watches, musical instruments, sporting goods, tools, automotive items and toys & games, required by individuals and business organizations are all available under Amazon’s roof. Thus, Amazon is playing a vital role in the retail sector aimed at delivering customer needs.
Amazon has its own range of products manufactured. These products have been popular to provide and satisfy customers.
- AmazonFresh- a grocery delivery service.
- Amazon Prime- a paid subscription where users access to free two-day shipping, streaming video/music and other benefits for a monthly or yearly fee.
- Web Services- paid subscription for on-demand cloud computing platforms
- Alexa- the intelligent personal assistant for interaction and communication
- Appstore- an app store for the Android operating system
- Amazon Drive- a cloud storage application
- Echo- a smart speaker
- Kindle- a tablet computer
- Kindle Store- online e-book e-commerce store
- Music- a music streaming platform, music locker, and online music store
Apart from these, Amazon is the world leading eCommerce site with products and services like Music Unlimited, Video, Amazon Studios, Amazon Wireless, Amazon Digital Game Store, Fire tablets, and Fire TV.
- Amazon is a logistics company
- Amazon Prime is the heart of Amazon
- Amazon is a cloud-services company
- Amazon is a hardware company
- Amazon is a moonshot factory