Norton Internet Security | Choose the Norton service that’s right for you
Norton Internet Security is a product under Symantec Corporation. It is a computer program that prevents and removes viruses and malwares during a subscription period. It uses signatures and heuristics to identify viruses. It also involves personal firewall, email spam filtering, and phishing protection services. It represents a better version of Norton Antivirus, but less one than Norton 360. Norton Security is the successor of Norton Internet Security.
Norton Internet Security 2000, was the first venture of Symantec which was released January 10, 2000. It offered virus protection and content control filters, along with cookie removal, and banner ad blocking. Version 2.0 was released June 12, 2000 while Version 2.5, 2001 was released on September 18, 2000. The later version can block malicious scripts without virus signatures. Just by analyzing the behavior of malwares, they can protect against critical attacks by the ILOVEYOU and Anna Kournikova script viruses. With many versions developed and distributed by Symantec, the latest and last of Norton Internet Security was Version 21, released on October 7, 2013. It was then replaced by Norton Security, as part of Symantec’s streamlined Norton line.
- It blocks phishing websites and authenticates trusted sites. It provides protection against keyloggers as well.
- It identifies unsafe websites before entering those sites.
- It has an intelligent anti-Spam filter that blocks out unwanted, dangerous and fraudulent emails.
- It adds a powerful two-way firewall for protection against hackers and protects personal data that can be accessed with users’ consent only.
- There is 24/7 technical support available free and accessible directly from the user interface.
- With monthly subscription of $5, it protects devices like smartphones, or computers, from online threats.
Norton Internet Security has implemented various programs under it for facilitating its services. Norton Insight Network extracts information about the very latest threats and notify devices, SONAR 4 technology detects and blocks new threats, Norton Pulse Updates allow small updates of threat database. There are various such more programs like Norton System Insight, Norton Download Insight, and Norton Files Insight integrated under it.