Award-Winning Anti-Virus – Kaspersky
Antivirus or anti-virus software or anti-malware software, is computer software used to prevent, detect and remove malicious software. Antivirus software provides protection from computer threats including malicious browser hijackers, ransomware, keyloggers, backdoors, rootkits, trojan horses, worms, malicious LSPs, dialers, fraud tools, adware and spyware. It also protects computer from infected malicious URLs, spam, scam and phishing attacks, online identity, online banking attacks, social engineering techniques, and DOS attacks. The primary purpose of antivirus is to protect computers from viruses and remove any viruses that are found. Most antivirus programs include both automatic and manual scanning capabilities.
Kaspersky, referred as KAV, is an antivirus program developed by Kaspersky lab to protect the users from malware. It is formerly known as AntiViral Toolkit Pro. It is primarily designed for computers running Microsoft Windows and MacOS. It contains definitions to detect and block malware affecting Windows, Linux and macOS alike. It also scans shared folders of users running Windows using Virtual PC on capable Apple Macintosh personal computers. Also, for business consumers, a version for Linux is available. It offers many of the features included in the mainstream version for Windows, including on-access and on-demand scanners.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus delivers:
- Real time protection.
- Detects and removes viruses, malware, cyber threats, trojans, worms, adware, spyware and many more.
- Instantaneous automatic updates via the “Kaspersky Security Network” service.
- Improves your PC performances.
- Simplifies security via easy online control. Its on-screen keyboard can help keep sensitive information safe when you access online bank and credit card accounts.
- Has a gamer mode and scans all incoming data and files, emails and instant messages to ensure no viruses can infect your computer. It also automatically scans USB drives, which adds another layer of protection.
- 480 MB of free disk space
- CD/DVD drive (when installing from a CD)
- Internet connection (for activation and updates)
- Pointing device (mouse, touchscreen, or other)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or later
- Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0 or later
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4 or later
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition / Professional SP3 (32-bit) / Professional SP2 (64-bit)-Intel Pentium 1 GHz or faster
-512 MB available RAM
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate SP1 or later (32/64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Starter / Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Ultimate SP1 or later (32/64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8 Pro / Enterprise (32/64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (Windows 8.1 Update) / Pro / Enterprise (32/64 bit)
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise TH1 / TH2 / RS1 / RS2 / RS3 (32/64 bit)
-Intel Pentium 1 GHz or faster (or compatible)
-1 GB (32-bit) / 2 GB (64-bit) available RAM
Kasperky is therefore, providing such award-winning security and efficiency that saves time, effort and hassle. It also has received perfect scores for virus protection in tests run by independent laboratories. Whether you play games, watch videos, send emails, open applications, share files and surf the web, Kaspersky can conduct both quick and complete virus scans. Thus, it has correctly labelled legitimate threats and save files.
Although, it includes quite fascinating services, it lacks certain features found in Kaspersky Internet Security, including a personal firewall, HIPS, Secure Keyboard, AntiSpam, AntiBanner and parental control tools. It is also incompatible with many other anti-virus and anti-spyware software.
Disclaimer: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. and I will receive a commission whenever someone purchases a product. You won’t be charged any extra amount; in fact, you will receive exclusive discount for using those links.